We all could use a good laugh at times…remember humor can be the best therapy. So why not highlight some great jokes about therapists. Enjoy!
1. How many psychotherapists does it take to change a light bulb?
– None, the light bulb will change itself when it’s ready.
– Just one: as long as the light bulb “wants” to change.
– “How many do you think it takes?”
2. How many narcissists does it take to change a light bulb?
One. All he has to do is hold it in place while the world revolves around him.
3. Psychiatrist to his nurse: “Just say we’re very busy. Don’t keep saying, “It’s a madhouse.”
4. Why is psychoanalysis quicker for men than for women?
Because when it’s time to go back to childhood, a man is already there.
5. At a job interview for a new receptionist:
“I see you used to be employed by a psychologist. Why did you leave?”
“Well, I just couldn’t win. If I was late to work, I was hostile. If I was early, I was anxious. And if I was on time, I was obsessive.”
6. Today, I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there are no sweeter words than, “I told you so.”
7. If a person with multiple personality threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?
8. A woman went to see a psychotherapist and said she was troubled by having no friends.
The therapist asked, “What do you think might be causing the problem?”
The woman said, “What, are you lazy and want me to do your job for you? If I knew already, I wouldn’t be here, would I, you fat ugly twit!”
9. Patient: “Doctor, I keep thinking I’m a dust bin.”
Psychiatrist: “Don’t talk such rubbish!”
10. Two psychiatrists pass in the hall. The first says, “Hello.”
The other thinks, “I wonder what he meant by that?”
I hope these brightened your day a bit. And while it can be funny to laugh at therapy, remember that therapy really can be helpful. So, if you find yourself stuck, lost, or in the dark, contact me here.